A VILLAGE FOR INDEPENDENT AND ENTERPRISING WOMEN
- To rehabilitate mentally ill women locked in psychiatric wards in hospitals or unattended and /or discarded by their families, out into the open community.
- Provide quality medical support for symptom free living
- Provide a safe environment for them to re -establish their Self worth
- Teach them the activities of daily living thereby making them enterprising
- Empower them with skills to independently earn a living
- To build an environment friendly self sustaining small community in a rural setting and an Urban Drop -In Care facility
- A VIEW for Women opened in January 2010 with the goal to deliver a new approach to mental health treatment built on a model of integrated services. Here, amidst four acres of lush greenery, rice fields and fish farms near the village of Bererkhal in West Bengal, residents find housing, food, clothing, medical and psychiatric treatment, vocational skills and the support of a community.
Dr. Suchandra Brahma
Dr. Suman Dasaratharaman
Tapas Kumar Das
Our Advisers and Volunteers
Chandra Mohan Radhakrishnan
Saritha Kariappa Mandana
What We Do
Primary Center is located in village Berer Khal, P.S. Jibantala, District South 24 Parganas in West Bengal. At this location we have residential quarters for our residents and caregivers. At this facility we are able to accommodate sixteen residents along with one chief psychiatric social worker, two assistant social workers and two gardener-cum-security guards. Our residents at this facility is provided with constant supervision along with training. Our residents learn to take care of themselves, cook, clean, participate in farming and animal husbandry
Semi-Independent Living Center is located in Bhatpara, P.S. Jagaddal, District Hooghly in West Bengal. At this location we have residential quarters for approximately seven residents and and one caregiver. Residents who are waiting to be re-united with their family is typically brought to this unit. At this facility they are provided with training in jewellery making and stitching. Our residents also run a vegetable shop in the morning and in the evening roti and subzi is prepared for sale to local residents. Over here our residents learns how to earn.
Independent Living Center is located in Teghoria, a suburb of Kolkata metropolis, District North 24 Parganas in West Bengal. Typical residents at this facility are either whose family could not located or their family is unwilling to take them back. At this location our residents earn a living by working as household help or cooks. They are encouraged to self-sufficient. Currently the rent and electricity costs is being subsidised by our organisation.
After cyclone Amphan rolled through. On emergency basis we had to get the roof two of our buildings had to be repaired. This will help us during the monsoons which is about to set in.
Cyclone Amphan had wreaked havoc at our facility in Berer Khal. The walls made of bamboo slats has been blown away in the cyclone. The roof of our 1st building has been completely decimated and the roof of the training room has been partially damaged. Currently there is no electricity at the location and drinking […]
Find My Home
Sarita Kisku (alias Puja)
Jageshwari (aka Chandni)
Registered Office: UD-05/1302, 1050/1 Survey Park, Kolkata 700075
Primary Center: Vill Berer Khal, P.S. Jibantala, Dist S. 24 Pgns, West Bengal
Semi-Independent Living: Nayalankar Road, Bhatapara, West Bengal
Independent Living: Teghoria, Kolkata
If you are interested in purchasing our products please contact us.